Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tour of Sufferlandia Day 7


Day 7. Wow. My legs hurt and were still tired going into this one....32 hours later. And I loaded up with about three servings of Recoverite after that last go because I knew that the 100% section on The Long Scream  was going to hurt for a bit.

I haven't done the Downward Spiral in a while. In fact, I had the names mixed up with Fight Club.  But when we started up, I remembered that the longer sections hurt...ALOT. Tonight was no different. I did these again at 90%, double-checked for accuracy(!).

I had a hard time holding the sets over 1:30 but managed. Never thought two minutes could be so long. The minute and shorter sets seemed much easier to hold on, and I pounded out high-above-FTP wattage on these. Maybe I should do short sprints instead of long cruises.

Data files below. Might double-up the rides tomorrow and finish tomorrow night. But then again...I might have trouble just getting on the bike.

downwardspiral

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backcountry Views

Art Prints

Check out my e-book "Weight Training Routine For Olympic and Sprint Triathlons"

Get it in any of the major e-book formats at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/26079