Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tour of Sufferlandia: thinking about day 8


Kiddo #2 played early bird this morning. Of course, after having a big intense workout that ended at 10:30pm, I couldn't get to sleep til 1:30am. That's part of what I'm dealing with here....I have to have a late night workout to ensure I can do each day of the Tour of Sufferlandia, but then I can't get to sleep til all the adrenaline and endorphins and NATURAL HIGH type stuff wears off.

Anyway, upon getting to sleep around 1:45am, I was promptly awoke at 6:45 am by Kiddo #2 because he was "all done sleep." Nice.

Day 8 of this Tour is gonna hurt. I have all day to think about it. I just bought the videos for today, the only ones I haven't done. Well, it's kinda scary. I was thinking about doing a double-day with Saturday and Sunday so I could just finish this thing tonight, but that clearly won't happen given today's expectations.
** Day 8 – There is No Try + Revolver – 1hr 45 minutes ***
Revolver. Those who have done it, know what this day brings. Even by itself, it’s one of the most feared videos in the ‘fest collection. To have it this far into the tour, and following the increasing speed intervals of There is No Try is simply diabolical. Which means it’s a perfect fit for the pentultimate day of The Tour. The day starts out with TINT, which asks you to incrementally increase your speed as each interval progresses (these are known as Sufferlandrian Intervals), with several of the intervals finishing in sprints, you’re asked to put out some maximum power early in the day. The longest interval, which is 4×2:00, comes in the middle of the session and can crack even the strongest resolve. We hear that both Wiggins, Jens Voigt and Peter Sagen are all  targeting this day, so watch for them.
And I read TheSufferfest's version of yesterday's events. I wholeheartedly agree about just getting past the long intervals and then bringing it home on the short ones.
Focus on making it to the 5:00 recovery section between intervals. While there, you’ll probably feel quite full of fear that you can’t do the second set of intervals, but we’ve found that if you can get past the 1:30 interval in the second set, then you can finish it off. So just think of getting past that and then you’ll be fine. Sort of.
Yeah. Sumthin' like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backcountry Views

Art Prints

Check out my e-book "Weight Training Routine For Olympic and Sprint Triathlons"

Get it in any of the major e-book formats at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/26079